Clinical Research Consortium
Clinical Research Consortium: Collaborative Research Initiative for Perioperative Clinical and Translational Science Meeting
Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Chicago, Illinois
- The Clinical Research Consortium online registration is now closed. Registration will be available onsite on Tuesday, May 1 in Regency B, Ballroom Level, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
A consortium of academic anesthesiology organizations has launched an initiative to help establish a clinical trials network in the United States, focusing on perioperative medicine, critical care, pain management, and peri- and post-partum care.
Participating organizations include:
- Association of University Anesthesiologists (AUA)
- Early-Stage Anesthesiology Scholars (eSAS)
- The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER)
- The International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS)
- The Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists (SOCCA)
This important meeting will be open to those interested in anesthesiology-related clinical and translational science. The agenda for symposium will include:
- Panel on innovative and efficient approaches to multicenter clinical trials.
Presentation and review of three selected clinical trial protocols. The review will include constructive feedback regarding clarity of hypotheses, merit of research methods, and feasibility. The goal of the review panel is to address issues common to many proposals to ensure an educational experience for all investigators who attend the symposium, in addition to those whose proposals are selected.
- Presentations by the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) and the Multicenter Perioperative Outcomes Group (MPOG).
These presentations will exemplify organizations that can serve as data coordinating centers and provide other “core” support to clinical trials.
Letters of intent should be no more than 2 pages in length, with 1 page being the Specific Aims Page. They should be single spacing, minimum of size 11 font (Arial or Times New Roman) with minimum borders of 0.5 inches.
Clinical Trial Categories
The clinical trials should focus on any or all of the following areas:
- Operating Room Management
- Pain Management
- Peri- and Postpartum Care
- Perioperative Critical Care
- Postoperative Management
- Preoperative Care/Optimization
For More Information or Questions
Annual Meeting General Inquiries
Annual Meeting Registration Inquiries & Support
International Number: 801-505-5264
Phone: 415-296-6924 or 415-296-6920